Thirty Essential Volumes for a Pastor Just Beginning to Build a Library
An excellent study Bible is assumed.
Abstract of Systematic Theology, J. P. Boyce
The Bible Knowledge Commentary, Old Testament, Walvoord & Zuck
The Bible Knowledge Commentary, New Testament, Walvoord & Zuck
A Commentary of the Whole Bible, 6 vols., Matthew Henry
MH vol 2
MH vol 3
MH vol 4
MH vol 5
MH vol 6
Matthew Poole’s Commentary on the Holy Bible, 3 vols., Matthew Poole
MP vol 2
MP vol 3
Church History in Plain Language, Bruce L. Shelley
- Preaching, How to Preach Biblically, John MacArthur, Jr.
- Counseling, How to Counsel Biblically, John MacArthur, Jr.
- Pastoral Ministry, How to Shepherd Biblically, John MacArthur, Jr.
- Preaching and Preachers, D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
- Lectures to My Students, C. H. Spurgeon
- The MacArthur Bible Handbook, John MacArthur, Jr.
- Charts of Christian Theology, Wayne E. House
- The Beatitudes, Thomas Watson
- Let the Nations Be Glad: the Supremacy of God in Missions, John Piper
- The Valley of Vision: A Collection of Puritan Prayers and Devotions, Arthur Bennett
- Knowing God, J. I. Packer
- A Concise Theology, J. I. Packer
- A Godly Man’s Picture Drawn with a Scripture Pencil, Thomas Watson
- The Preacher’s Portrait, John R. W. Stott
- The Master’s Plan for the Church, John MacArthur, Jr.
- The New Guidebook for Pastors, James W. Bryant and Mac Brunson
- Morning and Evening, Charles H. Spurgeon